Sunday, June 01, 2003

Who The Hell Is MeL?!


Hi there.





I'm MeL.

I'm a stay at home mom, which means I spend my days wrangling my 4 children. It also means my life is full of nearly equal measures of joy and desperation.

I grew up all over the US, moving about every two years until I started High School. No, my dad wasn't in the military, nor was he a spy or a member of the witness protection program. We just moved a lot.

After graduating from high school in California I attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, until it made my head explode. You could not lure me back there with any enticement, not even a limitless supply of curries and a bottomless vanilla latte. And that is saying something.

I landed in the DC area in 1999 and lived there, in various residences spanning the metro area, for 13 years. In that span I met Trip, moved in with him, married him, and made a couple of kids with him. in 2012 we relocated to Denver, where we plan to finish raising small humans into respectable adults. We hope.

I am the ninth of ten kids. I was raised a mormon, but my membership officially ended in July 2006, and now we sporadically chill with the Unitarian Universalists. They're awesome.

I started blogging in 2003 as a way to let friends and family know what we were up to, but it slowly evolved into a way for me to vent all the chaos in my head.

Please feel free to comment or join in on my conversations with myself. Please note, however, that I do reserve the right to remove your comment if I deem it offensive or in any way threatening.

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by.


We added our daughter after this photo.  
When I can find the time, we will get another family picture.
Until then, here she is...


Yes, she really is that awesome.