Sunday, January 04, 2009

She Bangs.

So the other day my hair, which has been left uncut and growing free (and so very earth-mother since about June)  was getting in my face.  This was bothering me for some unknown reason, so I did what any reasonably insane woman would do: I cut bangs.  In my bathroom sink.  Which successfully transformed me into a reasonable facsimile of a 6-year-old girl.
I went with it for 24 hours. Partially because - hey, why not? - and partially because it was New Years' Day and everything was closed.  Short of taking a set of hedge clippers to my 'do, there wasn't much to be done.
So yesterday I walked into ye olde local hair salon (the cheap one, because I can't currently rationalize paying the prices at the good place) and off came about 8 inches of hair. 
Long story short, here we are.  Meet MeL 2009.  
Hopefully the hair is just the first step towards a return to MeL 2007 or - even better - MeL 2002.  Which is to say, internets, I have about 50 pounds to lose. Won't you join me as I embark on this obviously insane attempt?

5 comments:

Susie H said...

CUTE!! Very kicky and snazzy. Now I want a haircut...

GreatGranny said...

Love it!!

Shannon said...

You look beautiful! You know short hair on you is my fav!

Love your guts!
Shannon

Nats said...

Funny thing is... I did this about 2 weeks ago. And I too have a goal to lose at least 60 lbs. Happy Newyear!

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous! Also...beautiful baby (both of you!)