Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Woman's Head Explodes. Story at 11.

The past couple of weeks have been some of the most... stressful? Insane? Homicidal? I run out of acceptable adjectives, and yet still I do not find the mark.  Trip had surgery, and it went well. His recovery could be going better, but we should know more about the odd pains he's having after his surgical follow-up on Wednesday.  I'll post a recap of the fun another time.
On the plus side, there is the arrival of my newest niece - Miss Bridget Elise.  Admit it - you want to dunk her in chocolate and nibble on those cheeks. 
Also on the plus side, I DID promise you David Beckham photos and, no, that was not simply a shameless sweeps-week tactic to keep you on the edge of your seat until I made it back here.  Honest. See?

You are so welcome.
So there was that.  And, actually, it wasn't the hilight of the night. Well, anyway, it wasn't the ONLY hilight of the night.  Here are a few more:

Instead of shelling out the $30 for the official kids' Team T-Shirt, we made our own DC United shirts.  Black T shirt from mega-store: $4, plus fabric paint. 
The above pretty much sums up their typical reactions to the camera. Jack is all jazz hands all the time, Toby is more "meh. blergh. NO CAMERA!"
My photogenic Honey. 
Still not amused by the camera, Mom.
Again with the wearing of my Tired Eyes. 
It was a long night, but well worth it and THANKS be to DC United for playing LA so I could drool over Donovan and Beckham.  Also for tying at 0 to 0 so that I didn't have to feel torn between the home team and the hot team.  Yes, I am that shallow when it comes to my sporting events.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun night! And yes, you do look worn out! (But still HOT!)

Katie said...

I am glad you all had fun. And I am also glad you didn't have to choose between the two teams! :)

IntimateKitchen said...

Melissa, I am so behind.. Toby is one, did you get another dog i havent met yet? and trip had his throat cuta dn i didnt know your having an affair with David Beckham!!

now i know howmuch i have stressed to you the importance of having a good affair, but girl.. I had no IDEA you had such Great Taste!

Love you..

-- Sheena. :)