Monday, April 02, 2007

Bullets Over Bored Way

Miscellaneous Thoughts I am Having This Morning:

- We are out of coffee. Yesterday T went to 7-11 and got two cups of their new "extra-perky" blend, with guarana, ginseng, crack, and ground puppies. It did not taste especially good, but it sure did get me moving. Must get grounds at the store today.

- Setting a goal to send every member of my immediate family a Birthday card for the next entire year. Fitting, as my birthday is this week, that I should start now. Wrote down the dates of every single birthday for siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews. Must remember to buy stamps.

- Wishing we could move overseas. I have always wanted to go to Europe, but I don't think that a trip there would be sufficient to absorb what I need from the surroundings. I would love to pick up and move to Rome with my brother and his family this summer. Even more, I would love to pick up and move to Paris like my neighbors are doing. I know many Americans find the French to be dodgy, but I have been in love with French culture since I was 12. C.L. do you hear me? Can I get an "Amen"?

- Pondering completion of the downstairs bathroom. I have 4 tiles left to cut to finish the vinyl tile floor. Need to pick up a wood plaque to mount the light fixture over, since builders ripped a hole in the drywall to run the wiring rather than cutting a nice, neat one. Dan Ryan Builders has my permission to kiss my alabaster keester, thankyouverymuch. Must install new sink faucet, plus one in master bathroom. Must remember to get t-shirt printed "Home Remodel Goddess".

- Realizing taxes must be finished. Cursing TurboTax and my cheapskate inability to just hire a freaking accountant. Wondering if we should stick refund into savings or go ahead with plan to upgrade kitchen countertops.

- Jack is calling for me to fix his "Dora The Explorer" computer game. Must remember to get a new optical notebook mouse (Parent Hack: notebook mouse is the perfect size for preschool hands). Must go fix Dora before the universe implodes.

2 comments:

Kerry McKibbins said...

I like the way you think.
Like your blog.

C. L. Hanson said...

:D