Tuesday, April 08, 2008

California, Here I Come.

Well, y'all... I went and did it. I got myself registered for BlogHer '08!

After much hemming and hawing (I'm not sure exactly what that means, but in my case it involves eating a lot of fudge and chewing my fingernails) I finally decided to go ahead and do it. SO! I'm going to San Francisco in July. I'll arrive a day early so I can hopefully catch up with a few folks I haven't seen in a while and maybe I'll finally take that tour of Alcatraz. I hear it's pretty spiffy.

Who am I kidding? I'll be shopping and wandering my romantic, misty city by the bay in my full pregnant glory, probably mugging small children for their candy outside of Ghirardhelli Square. And I'll be Kid. Free. For 3 whole days. Won't you join me for (cooked) sushi and a (virgin) cocktail, internets?

So now I can begin to formulate my brilliant plan, wherein I ensconce myself in the midst of some of the beautiful, brilliant blogging women whom I worship admire. Or, I might just attend the sessions, take lots of notes, and end up feeling like I'm back in high school, reading Nicholas and Alexandra at my locker during lunch. Either way, there is much to be learned, there are sights to be seen, and there are cocktail parties to attend. Of course, I won't actually be able to enjoy the cocktails, but at least now I have an excuse to wear the completely non-sensible shoes in my collection in the company of the women who can enjoy a few appletinis, or whatever it is the kids are imbibing these days.

Next problem: Finding a roommate so I'm not forced to pawn one of the children to pay for accomodations.

1 comment:

danny said...

You don't have to pawn the kids, I think there's people out there you can rent them to. Or, there's a hide-a-bed in my living room.