Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I *heart* my geek.

My husband projects an image of gruffness and cool when serious, is charming and flirtatious when playful, and full of masculine machismo when surrounded by other manly-manly-men types.

Only those of us who know and love him best know the deep, dark, dirty truth. My husband is a consummate geek. A geek who happens to be married to an adoring but mercilessly snarky wife.

Take, for example, this IM exchange we had today. I was ecstatic to find a copy of "Where the Wild Things Are" for sale at a local kids boutique. Jack and I made plans to read it before his "quiet time" this afternoon. I had to share my find with T, for whom this book also holds a special place in childhood nostalgia.

ME: We went to the consignment shop after coffee. The boutique in the back? It had "Where the wild things are". I bought it for 8 bucks. I regret nothing!

HIM: That's okay, I'm going to GamesWorkshop which I found down the street and spending 300 dollars on miniatures.

ME: Huhwhat? No you're not! Especially not if you want the carpets cleaned, you're not. We have Stanley Steemer coming in on Friday.

HIM: Clean houses don't make me happy! My spiritual center is found within pewter army men with laser guns.

ME: That is wrong on so many levels.

HIM: You should incorporate that statement somewhere in your life. I suspect your life would improve by a good margin for at least 10 minutes after saying that.

ME: Sure. It can be my "incantation of +10 life quality". Now roll for the bonus!

HIM: Come on now! My bag of dice are feeling tender - I don't touch them as much as I used to!

ME: I won't be touching your "bag of dice" either if you spend 300 bucks on pewter figurines. Might wanna take that into consideration...

HIM: Touché.


No comments: