Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Magic Hands.

Last night was a long night.

Toby has been exhibiting growing difficulty staying asleep at night. He's restless, he tosses and turns, and he often wakes up and has difficulty getting himself back to sleep.

After a few nights of misery and eventually putting him in bed with us, last night I moved the bassinet next to my side of the bed. Each time he woke up, I reached over and gave him my hand to hold.

And it worked. He grabbed it with both tiny hands, wriggled back into a comfortable position under his blanket, and drifted back to sleep. Then I drifted back to sleep with two tiny, warm hands gripping mine.

My hands. They are Magic.

Now, if only my hands, they were detachable... then maybe we could finally start putting him in his crib.

No comments: