Sunday, August 12, 2007

Toothless in West Virginia.

You may remember that I have chronicled several of my horrific dental experiences. This is due to the fact that - my teeth? They are bad. I brush obsessively. I floss. I Listerine and Act rinse. And yet - my teeth? They still break. Yes, they are bad.

When Toby was born, I left the hospital and went immediately to the dentist's office for a root canal. Months later, after post-partum depression and lots of therapy, I realized I had neglected to get a crown on the tooth. I realized this because the tooth? It broke in half. The dentist removed the broken half - luckily the back side of the bicuspid - and left me with the other half. I've been needing to get an appointment with an oral surgeon to get the rest of the tooth removed.

Today, nature did the job for me. Mostly. The remainder of the tooth broke off on a piece of toast.

Yes, you read that correctly - a slice of toast.

I'm officially an old woman. Who wants to volunteer to come pre-chew my food?

1 comment:

Delton said...

Ouch! That sounds really painful. Maybe at least the replacement tooth will hold up and not break.

Hi, by the way! I have no idea how I found your site, but I've been lurking for a few weeks now.