Friday, March 24, 2006

Jelly Bean, Vermouth... Symbiotic, Patriotic...

Last day on my own, and I can't get "It's the end of the world" by R.E.M. out of my head. I'm not sure of the significance, but I'm pretty sure it can't be good.

Yesterday, I greeted the sitter with a great deal of enthusiasm. I may have frightened her - being 13, I doubt she quite understood the intensity of my desperation to get out of the house after 5 days of uninterrupted child rearing. I put the neurotic energy to good use and upped the number of sprints in my power walk/run cycles, which means that I did about two and a half miles yesterday.

The extra half-mile came in handy as I was rationalizing that second Krispy Kreme this morning. And, of course, the caffeine in my cup of coffee totally cancelled out the effects of that third one. *twitch* Don't tell me I have a problem. *twitch* I can quit any time I want to. *twitch* No, my hands always shake like that.

24 and a half hours to go. Hopefully I can still fit in the car by tomorrow morning, otherwise T will be taking the blue bus home from the airport.

No comments: