Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just A Big Goober

Last week was my mom's 64th birthday. Actually, it was last Thursday. I tell you this because I didn't forget her birthday - well not exactly. I remembered it on Wednesday. I decided to wait and call her on the actual day.

The next time I thought about it was around Monday.

So, okay. I feel like a terrible daughter. So I do the only thing left in my power to do in this internet generation - I send a belated E-card. THIS belated e-card to be exact.

Mom graciously brushed off my forgetting with something along the lines of "at this age, I try to forget them, too." I still feel like crap, but one small ray of sunshine has come out of my mishap.

Jack is obsessed with the card. About 20 times a day, plus any time he sees the laptop, he demands "Wanna see Goooooober!"

Every time I play it, he waves "Hello Goober!" and then talks along with the peanut, word for word.

I can't decide if he's a raging genius, or just finally exhibiting the signs of T's OCD.........

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Mel aren't kids grand! I am starting to feel a little better that we didnt have boys; maybe that will change when they hit the teen stage. Dunno. But always the little things in life that they find so amazing that makes one glad to be a part of it.