Friday, March 09, 2007

Wrapped Around His Chubby Little Finger

Jack has been begging for the movie "Flushed Away" for weeks now, and we finally picked it up at Wal-Mart last night.

I also threw away all our old sippy cups and have been getting one specific (discount) kind, mostly for Toby. So I got Jack a "Cars" cup with a straw, to be his "special cup" that he doesn't have to share. Because that's important when you're three and you're constantly hearing "share it with your baby brother".

We were standing in the checkout line to get those items and a few other things, and Jack said "Mama, I think I need to get a toy." I patiently explained that he was getting a movie and a cup, and that was quite enough, really. He considered me for a moment, then said "But, Mommy? I really do need just one more thing..."

"Oh, reeeeally? And what might that be?"

"I need a kiss!"

I admit it, I cracked up. "That," I giggled, "I think I can do." And I did. And then? I gave him an extra one for being too precious by half.

1 comment:

Allie said...

awwwww, makes me almost think about having one of my own....