Friday, July 14, 2006

Alternative Lifestyles

I've been toying for a while now with the idea of starting another blog - not to replace this one, but in addition to it. Yes, there's just not enough crazy to go around on this one little forum, so I have officially opened AlternaMom!

Go to the site for my Packaged Description, but basically it's where I will be posting links and goodies for items and/or ideas that keep me from going completely nuts (insert "Short Trip" comment here) and help me overcome the little aggravations of life as a Stay At Home.

You know, a sort of shopping-blog-meets-Dear-Abby-meets-cleaning-tips deal. And because I have waaaay too much extra space in my brain (apparently I have been using very little of it lately) I'll even toss out there that if anyone wants to email me questions on any of the above areas, I'll do my best to answer them.

Be forewarned, I don't promise to be coherent and I have absolutely no relevant trainig, but I have been known to give out the odd piece of good advice. (Like don't mix Ameretto and Beer, and Dryer Sheets make excellent car air freshners and will remove the smell of mildew from old fabric. See? Don't you feel smarter already?!?!?)

Also, a picky toddler will eat almost ANYTHING as long as it's dipped in ranch dressing or ketchup. Unless they don't happen to like ranch dressing or ketchup, in which case you should get them into therapy NOW because there is most definitely something wrong there. Amen.

So, click on over and find out where to buy cool funky socks (which are now an established part of my therapy) and find a quick and delicious breakfast idea that my 3 year old adores.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

I prefer not to take my advice from the know-it-all schmoes anyway! I trust you more than them.

Hey, I've missed giving those love bites here, but classes during the summer are kicking my boo-tay and it's driving me INSANE. So, want to play my little meme-ish thingie post? Want to get together some friends to interview?

I'll be checking. If not, I'll bite harder. ;-)