Thursday, July 13, 2006

Check Your Head

You may have noticed that the title of the blog, as well as the header, have changed. "Innocent when you dream" no longer seemed to fit my current state of mind, although there is no bad time to listen to Tom Waits. And so, I changed it to "Somewhat Damaged, Holding On", which fit my mental state a bit better. At least, I thought so, but T protested mightily.

He didn't feel it was an accurate representation of where I am at, nor was it an optimistic look at where I am headed. And so, I reconsidered and finally relented.

Staying home with the kids is the basis on which all of my perspectives are currently built, and I am doing my best to salvage some kind of mental stability in this insane role and even more insane world.

And there you have it. Aum... That Hindu ideal, the meditation of reality and the states of consciousness. Because, you know... a mom drifts somewhere between the waking and sleeping state most of the time, and in my case the dreaming is more of a waking thing. And usually the dreams involve a hot beach and a cold margarita. But I digress.

Things evolve, and the metamorphosis continues. If there's anyone out there in the ether, fear not. I won't reach nirvana any time soon, so you can look forward to more of my insane ranting as my scrambled brain attempts to sort itself out. Cheers!

No comments: